Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Naner Bread

Ah, Betsy (Tuff as Snails ) has been talking about Banana Bread for weeks now, she even posted an entry on her ­blog not to long ago. Quite frankly I think she needs a twelve step program for her addiction to Banana Bread, but thats just me!


My husband walked through the door from a interview with a fire station and asked what I was making, when I told him Banana Bread, his eyes lite up like I said I just won the lottery! We love banana bread here, but for some reason bananas rot in her house in like two minutes. Not in the good for making banana bread rot either, more like moldy bug ridden rot. So I stole some bananas from my mom and began the journey to naner bread land!


Well anyways, I was going to try her recipe but didn't have many of the ingredients on there, so I made my own! Fancy I know!


Here is my version, Banana Oatmeal Bread:


1 1/2 cup of All purpose flour
1/2 cup quick cooking oatmeal
3 tablespoons of light brown sugar
1 teaspoon apple pie seasoning (or cinnamon)
2 1/4 teaspoon of baking POWDER (not to be confused with its cousing baking SODA)
1/2 c milk
1/2 applesauce
1 egg
2 very ripe bananas


I used a 8x4 greased loaf pan, but you can really use any square or cupcake pan. Preheat oven to 350 F.


Combine all dry ingredients and mix together very well. In another bowl mix together bananas, egg, milk and applesauce; combine all wet together til semi smooth.


Combine wet into dry. Mix until all incorporated, don't overmix!


Bake for 1 hour, or until golden brown on top, and toothpick comes out clean when in inserted in the middle! Cool on cooling rack or keep in pan, your the boss!

Now ENJOY!

This is a very unsweet bread, so if you like sweetness, it may not be for you. It is a variation on a Weight Watchers recipe. It is worth 3 points if you cut the bread in 7 slices! Its pretty good, just not very sweet. Maybe I should work on making super potent sweet bananas..... stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha I DO need a 12 step program!! I cant believe I missed this one! Im lame.. I need to try your banana bread. My recipe in my blog I put too many chocolate chips.... bad bad betsy....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love banana bread....but my thighs...don't need banana bread...thanks for this...

    ReplyDelete